1) Thor’s Helmet
2) Milky Way as seen over the Rocky Mountains
3) Andromeda’s actual size if it was brighter
4) Hella clear picture of Mercury
5) Russian Space Station (Mir) back-dropped against Earth
"Falling in love with yourself first doesn’t make you vain or selfish, it makes you indestructible."
- Things I’ll teach my children (via infl4ted)
(Source: humblebackbones, via last-exit)
There’s an abundance of bad things happening right now, and it’s hard not to be sucked into that black hole of sadness, so let’s have a puppy party shall we.
Because, let’s face it, dogs never grow up.
“So you’re made of detritus [from exploded stars]. Get over it. Or better yet, celebrate it. After all, what nobler thought can one cherish than that the universe lives within us all?”
―Neil deGrasse Tyson
These photos are on the shortlist for the Astronomy Photographer of the Year 2014, a competition and exhibition run by the Royal Observatory Greenwich. The winning images will be posted here on September 18.
(Source: fastcodesign.com, via sylosic)
"Don’t compare your Chapter 1 to someone else’s Chapter 20."
- Unknown (via hopelesslyhealing)
(Source: thedailypozitive, via angelic-antagonist)
"Cut the poison out of your life. No matter what - or whom - it may be."
- Jeigo - It’s going to hurt before it gets better (via lepetitchatblanc)
(Source: jeigo, via im-a-crepe)
- If you like someone, wait.
- Give lots of compliments, even if you’re shy. Everyone else is too.
- Change. Get a haircut, try new perfume, get new sheets. Become better than you were before.
- Eat healthier. Learn to cook something fancy.
- Get up earlier and watch the sun come up.
- Wear soft clothes, take a bath, drink something warm.
- Meet someone new, even just a friend.
- Become closer with your friends and your family. Call your mother. Cry with your best friend. Tell everyone how much you appreciate them.
- Keep your room clean. Buy some candles. Let the natural light in.
- Make a list of reasons why you’ll be better off without them. Believe they are true, because they are.
- Listen to new music.
- Write everything you’re thinking and feeling. Write letters. Write happy letters, sad letters, and angry letters, even if you’re never going to send them.
- It’s okay to be sad, but not forever. Sadness is not as beautiful as music makes it seem. Lack of sleep makes your eyes droopy, not deep. Wake up every morning and tell yourself you’re going to have a good day.
- Go to the library. Don’t forget to look in the music section.
- Remove them from your life. Get rid of the things they gave you if they make you sad. They’re not worth it. You will never be happy if you continue to hold on to the things that make you sad.
- Make new memories.
- Try to find something to appreciate in everything you do or experience.
- Being alone is okay, you don’t have to surround yourself with people.
- Become your own best friend. Buy yourself coffee and drink it alone in a cafe. Take your time.
- Learn to love every bit of yourself.
- How to feel better and become better by me (via jessieestey)
(Source: skinnyknees, via notscaredofghosts)